The unusual industrial-style shower door might be my favorite feature in this newly remodeled bathroom! The shower door system included a solid chrome rail at the top with a glass stationary panel on the right and a sliding door on the left. Additionally, the shower received a recessed shelving unit, seat, and large chrome shower head.
For the shower tile, we chose a medium shade of gray that complimented the flooring which was installed next. The shower flooring is 1 x 1 white and gray tumbled marble that aids in preventing slipping. This tile flowed well into the bathroom flooring, which is large 12 x 24 tiles of white marble with gray grain.
What are the benefits of a sliding glass shower door?
- They save space. Instead of having a door that swings out, a sliding door easily tucks behind its corresponding glass panel. Not only does a sliding glass shower door save space, it makes the bathroom appear larger.
- No shower curtain needed. Shower curtains are difficult to keep clean because they readily accumulate mold and mildew. On the contrary, a sliding glass shower door is easy to keep clean because you only have to spray and wipe. Additionally, a sliding glass shower door allows for a very bright shower, whereas one with a shower curtain can be dark if adequate lighting is not in place.
- No water dripping on the floor. A sliding glass shower door never hangs over the bathroom floor so you don’t have to worry about your bathroom floor becoming slippery. Therefore, when you are in the shower and realized that you have forgotten something outside the shower like a razor or soap, you won’t have to worry about opening the door and it dripping on the floor. The shower door water stays in the shower!
- They can be custom-made. Having a shower door that is custom-made for the space eliminates leaking.
- They are safer for children. With the easy sliding, the chances of smashed fingers decrease significantly with sliding glass shower doors. Plus, they are safer for your walls; they can’t swing open swiftly to have the shower door handle slam into and leave a nice dent in your wall.
When considering your next shower or bathroom remodel, I highly suggest a sliding glass shower door for its appearance and convenience.