Whether you’re having a festive Easter brunch or intimate Easter dinner, you’ll want to have a table that expresses the importance of this holiday and praises the arrival of Spring. The table is where people gather, just like Jesus and his disciples did the night before his crucifixion, so having it celebration-ready sets the mood and encourages guests to slow down and enjoy their time together.
What are some Easter table decor ideas?
Easter occurs at the start of Spring when everything is in full bloom, having flowers on your table is a must! I love fresh flowers; they give so much life to the room and you can go simple or elaborate with the vases. My favorite Easter flowers are tulips, daffodils, and hyacinth. For a more natural look to your tablescape, you can have little potted herbs. Some of the most fragrant herbs include rosemary, mint, and lavender. If you have to go with fake Easter flowers, don’t sweat it because they are more versatile in the ways you can display them. Whichever you choose can be included in your centerpiece and throughout the entire tablescape.
Pastels, pastels, pastels! There are options abound when it comes to your Easter place settings. You can go with a floral placemat and a solid napkin of complementary color with elegant white dinnerware. If you have special Easter china, pair it with a solid pastel placemat and a white dinner napkin. Furthermore, a beautiful Easter table cloth or Easter table runner begs for an all-white place setting. Easter napkin rings can add a special touch to a place setting, as well.
The Easter centerpiece gives you the opportunity to get creative. Some ideas include:
- candlesticks to hold dyed eggs
- Easter egg tree (branches in a vase with blown-out eggs hanging on them)
- tiered dessert stand with dyed eggs or an assortment of Easter candy or a combination of both
- vases or bowls filled with colorful eggs or jelly beans
- bunnies of various shapes, sizes, and colors
You’ve spent so much time decorating for Easter that you haven’t even thought about planning out your meal. Don’t fret! Here is a list of the top 10 foods to serve at your Easter gathering.
Top 10 Easter Foods
- Deviled Eggs
- Ham or Lamb
- Spring Mix Salad with fresh fruits, goat cheese, and nuts
- Roasted Carrots (that’s what the Easter bunny eats, right?)
- Asparagus, Sweet Peas, or Green Beans
- Potatoes, whether they are scalloped, mashed, or baked
- Melt-in-your-mouth Rolls
- Potato or Macaroni Salad
- Key Lime or Lemon Meringue Pie
- Carrot Cake
I would love to see your Easter dinner spread, comment to me on social media!
I wish you and your loved ones a happy, hoppy, and blessed Easter.